Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: CAT scan of my neck to evaluate lump

stampingsc - Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:53 am

Hi Megansmom03...
I have been having these same symptoms myself for some time now and am going for a cat scan of my neck today. What did you find out about your symptoms?
 JayjayAbnormal - Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:15 pm

Wow,Looks like I'm not the only one!

Beginning of this week, I had a small bump on my neck, just thought it was a huge aching pimple from my acne.

Now here I am, and its pretty big, and hurts, and I'm suffering in Discomfort.

I don't have any other symptoms, a little fatique here and there, no allergies.
 stampingsc - Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi there,
My doctor called me this evening and said the scan shows 3 lymph nodes in my neck, but they are not malignant... I hope she is certain. She did say I will have to have these watched and maybe removed in the future. As for the severe back pains in my upper back, there is no explanation yet. I am sleepy alot, too.

I hope you feel better soon.

Stephanie
 mj4u_64 - Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:44 am

Hi, I need some information regarding the lump in my right side of neck I have found.
Im also 18 weeks pregnant, and I was pretty alarmed when I noticed while massaging my right side of my neck and I found this pea size lump. I am not sure whether this is a cancer thing, malignant or....god knows, hell if i know. please help and give me some info what is this all about? I'll appreciate your info given, thanks.
Ps, any info please forward it to my email addy...thanks a lot.

mj4u_64@hotmail.com

murugan6 - Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:24 am

II HAD COLD, NSASAL DISCHARGE & LITTLE BIT OF SORE THROAT- & HAD A SMALL MARBLE SIZE SWELLING ON MY LYMPH NODE, OVER A PERIOD OF 3-4 WEEKS IT GREW TO A BIG SIZE. - I WOULD SAY A GOLF BALL. I HAD LOW GRADE FEVER. I WAS THINKING THAT THIS IS BECAUSE OF THE INFECTION I HAD & DID NTO PAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION. IT STARTED TO HURT & SO I WENT TO SEE MY PCP. HE SAID I WAS THE 5TH PERSON WITH'
THE SAME SYMPTOM THAT DAY & ASKED THAT I START AMOXICILLIAN 875 MG TWICE A DAY. THE SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN A LOT, BUT THE REMAINING SWELLING IS HARD & NOT MOVABLE. AFTER 10 OF AMOX, I WENT IN FOR A F/UP & HE TOOK BLOOD WORK & ALSO SAID THAT I NEED TO HAVE AN ULTRA SOUND & CHEST XRAY, GAVE ME A TB TEST ETC TO RULE OUT TB, LYMPHOMA & THE LAST POSSIBLE THING IS VALLEY FEVER.
ALSO HE STARTED ME ON ZITHROMAX 500MG ONCE A DAY FOR 3 DAYS. EVEN AFTER 1 ZITHROMAX TABLET I FELL THE SWELLING HAS COME DOWN, THE AREA IS STILL HARD,
BUT I HAVE NO FEVER, OR ANYOTHER SYMPTOMS AT THIS TIME. SINCE I AM PRE MENOPAUSAL I DO SWEAT ON MY HEAD SOMTIME SIN THE NIGHT, & ALSO OUR BED IS A LITTLE AWAY FROM THE FAN. SO IT GETS A LITTLE HOT.

I AM VERY CONCERNED & SCARED PLEASE SOMEONE ADVICE, HELP IN ANY WAY THANKS
MURUGAN
 rose gilmore - Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:01 am

Hello-I have noticed a lump on the right side of my neck-starting about an inch under my ear-going towards the back of neck...and going down neck. It does itch a little bit..a bit uncomfortable. And, yes, I feel tired as oither emailers.

Has anyone found out what there symptoms indicate? I am self-employed and have no insurance. I can't go to doctor right now and am scared it may be cancer. Thanks so much for any info.

I do take synthroid for hypothyroidsim. Thank you so much.
 stampingsc - Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:46 pm

Well, since the cat scan and the finding of the 3 nodules, I am still suffering. Now, I have developed a dry and hacky cough, a small painful lump on the front lower part of my throat and my throat is very sore... it has been for a long time. I am going to see an ENT next week, but am hoping someone can comfort me and tell me what kind of things could be causing all of this. My glands are not as swollen as they were... my doctor has had me chewing sour candy to keep my saliva glands working and they sure are doing that as I salvitate alot now to the point where I have to wipe my mouth dry at times. Anyway, I don't know if this painful lump means anything serious? Maybe cancerous tumors don't hurt? Please, if anyone has answers, I would appreciate a response.

Thank you,
Stephanie

|