Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Oral cancer?

andrew1113 - Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:22 pm

Hi, i'm sure this is nothing but i want to be sure. For the last couple weeks i've had a bit of pain in the back left side of my mouth near the last tooth. About a week ago i noticed a little(smaller than a pea) bump under the skin in side the side of my mouth above my last tooth on the bottom. I was assumeing most of the pain was do to my wisdom teeth which i'm gonna have removed in a couple months. This little bump under the skin isn't really painful. Its not a canker sore i've had those b4. From the outside it just looks like the normal part of inside my mouth. I was wondering what this could be, i've read about similar symptoms being oral cancer, but i'm a 19 year old male, who has never smoked(although both my parents do), and i rarely drink(maybe once every couple months). Is this something i should be worried about and should see a doctor right away?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:10 pm

User avatar Dear Andrew,

To diagnose exactly what this is, it has to be seen by a health care professional so i would vote for going to see your doctor just to make sure that there is nothing serious.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

|