News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: testical pain looks like crystals in ultrasound

painful - Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:45 am

My brother, 23 years old, has just had an ultrasound on his testicles. It showed 'crystal like' structures on one of his testicles (I believe his right one), He has been in pain for months, since way before halloween. The doctors first said sexual transmited disease, then now they are kinda spun for a loop. They keep him on anitbotics, but really don't seem to know what it is. He is swollen on his testicles, and in massive pain. The most I know is it looks like crystals on the inside of his testicles. I wanted to know your ideas. The ultrasound results havent came back yet. Please help. We come from a small town hospital, and have no medical insurance.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:55 pm

User avatar Hello,

It sounds like a Large Hydrocele.

A hydrocele is a bag of clear fluid that collects in a sac around the testicle.
Adult-onset hydrocele may occur secondary to orchitis or epididymitis.

Inflammation of the epididymis is more frequent than orchitis (testis). Epididymitis usually arises as a complication of an urinary system infection, and as a part of STD. In the past, gonorrhea was responsible for infection in the majority of cases, nowadays, mostly it is caused by chlamydia.

Antibiotics are a corner stone in the treatment in addition to other conservative measures, Epididymectomy is considered in refractory cases.

Please update us with the results of the US and other investigations.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here