Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: testical pain looks like crystals in ultrasound

painful - Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:45 am

My brother, 23 years old, has just had an ultrasound on his testicles. It showed 'crystal like' structures on one of his testicles (I believe his right one), He has been in pain for months, since way before halloween. The doctors first said sexual transmited disease, then now they are kinda spun for a loop. They keep him on anitbotics, but really don't seem to know what it is. He is swollen on his testicles, and in massive pain. The most I know is it looks like crystals on the inside of his testicles. I wanted to know your ideas. The ultrasound results havent came back yet. Please help. We come from a small town hospital, and have no medical insurance.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:55 pm

It sounds like a Large Hydrocele.

A hydrocele is a bag of clear fluid that collects in a sac around the testicle.
Adult-onset hydrocele may occur secondary to orchitis or epididymitis.

Inflammation of the epididymis is more frequent than orchitis (testis). Epididymitis usually arises as a complication of an urinary system infection, and as a part of STD. In the past, gonorrhea was responsible for infection in the majority of cases, nowadays, mostly it is caused by chlamydia.

Antibiotics are a corner stone in the treatment in addition to other conservative measures, Epididymectomy is considered in refractory cases.

Please update us with the results of the US and other investigations.

|