News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: question

randomguy - Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:06 pm

Not sure if this is in the right place but i need some help :shock:

Well im 17 year old male, and i was hit really hard in the chest next to my left nipple. It hurt for a while after but the pain went away. Now 1-2 weeks later i noticed a small hard lump underneath my left nipple. It only hurts when direct pressue is put on to it. Should i be worry or is this swelling im really confused and could use a little help please?
 angel2close - Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:49 pm

You may simply have a "deep bruise". When one is hit hard, a bruise can go deep into the tissues. You may not "see" a bruise but feel a lump in the area where the bruise was. It can take months for one of these to heal.
Male breast cancer is rare and I would think that with the history of being injured that a bruise would be more likely. If concerned, give it a month or so and then check with your physician if the lump has changed, other than having shown signs of healing.
Take care and let us hear back from you.

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here