News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lymph Node Test Results.

labreu - Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:17 pm

Afternoon I did get a copy of my medical record and the pathology report from the Lymph node states this.

The Wright stained and Papanicolaou stained Slides contain Blood with rare small well-differentiated lymphocytes.

A small porition of the squamous epithelium is also noted.

When I looked these up the first sentence referes to cancer.

the second sentence I cannot find anything on it at all.

I cannot get any straight answers from anyone on this please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:41 pm

User avatar Hello,

Did anyone say there was anything wrong with your report? On the contrary I don't see anything abnormal about it at all.

The term "small well-differentiated lymphocytes" just means well developed normal small lymphocytes. Yes if you look up small well differentiated lymphocytes on the internet you will get some malignant diseases such as small lymphocytic lymphoma which could have the same basic cells (ie, normal looking cells) but in such a case they are far from rare. They are so many that they are the reason behind the enlargement of the lymph node and may start even spilling into the blood.

The second phrase just means there are elements from the skin in the specimen.

Please discuss your results with your doctor. He is more aware of your overall case. I do not see any reason to worry.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here