News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: there is a lump under my nipple ....

helpmeplz - Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:13 pm

Hi im 5'11'', 160 lbs and 16 yrs old MALE i noticed about 2 years ago that there were lumps under my nipples. They are kind of hard lumps and tender if i press on them alot they start to hurt but not too much. I went to the doctor he wasnt a big help and didnt suggest anything they stick out pretty far not the nipple but the whole thing. please tell me whats wrong i can give you a picture of it if it would be better post your email please
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:39 am

User avatar Dear Guest,

From your description, this sounds to me as a case of gynecomastia (enlarged breasts) of puberty.

This happens to 50% of teen age males. It occurs secondary to hormonal disturbances in this age. It usually lasts up to a year and a half to two years. It is inconsequential.

Since it has been persistent for more than two years, it was a good idea on your part to see your doctor. Usually, there is nothing to do except follow-up. Some doctors would check some hormone levels.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 The Only Artist - Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I thought it was gonna be something really serious =/ too find out its a pretty common thing i'm now happy :D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here