Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: there is a lump under my nipple ....

helpmeplz - Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:13 pm

Hi im 5'11'', 160 lbs and 16 yrs old MALE i noticed about 2 years ago that there were lumps under my nipples. They are kind of hard lumps and tender if i press on them alot they start to hurt but not too much. I went to the doctor he wasnt a big help and didnt suggest anything they stick out pretty far not the nipple but the whole thing. please tell me whats wrong i can give you a picture of it if it would be better post your email please
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:39 am

User avatar Dear Guest,

From your description, this sounds to me as a case of gynecomastia (enlarged breasts) of puberty.

This happens to 50% of teen age males. It occurs secondary to hormonal disturbances in this age. It usually lasts up to a year and a half to two years. It is inconsequential.

Since it has been persistent for more than two years, it was a good idea on your part to see your doctor. Usually, there is nothing to do except follow-up. Some doctors would check some hormone levels.

The Only Artist - Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I thought it was gonna be something really serious =/ too find out its a pretty common thing i'm now happy :D

|