Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: What Should I do

XOXO - Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:45 am

I sustained a head injury last summer I actually was hit right above my eyebrow I did suffer damage but I didnt go to the hospital or anything. I have what looks like skin that was pulled together and its a indention mark crescent shape everytime I squinch my face up I mean should i go to the doctor>>>??? or is it too late.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:13 pm

User avatar Dear XOXO,

It is not so clear from your description how much your skin is damaged and how deep the injury has affected this part.

Post-traumatic skin changes or sequel are better examined by a dermatologist. If the condition is simple and only conservative measure would help, it would be appropriate to start treatment as early as possible. Conservative measures include certain topical treatments and physiotherapy

If these measure do not work or the condition is severe from the start then the surgical correction is an option if you are very upset with these changes or if it is causing disfigurement.

Reconstructive techniques range from simple scar revision to a complex techniques to help patients back to a more normal appearance and function.

it is better to take an appointment for your doctor to be examined and for proper management.

|