News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: bubbles on anus when bowl movements

wl1234 - Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:02 pm

I am 24 years old and I've been experiencing some what look like bubbles around my anus when I have a bowl movement and I have to strain. After about 20 or so mins. they go away and everything goes back to normal. But It does get old after awhile with the straining, and I've also noticed that everytime I eat something no matter what it is most of the time I have bad diarhiea and I even have to strain with that. Although I am under alot of stress lately and have heard thats what could cause after eating. I guess my question is.....could this just be a case of hemmroids and if so how do I get rid of them cause its becoming a nusense to me and my everyday life.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:22 pm

User avatar Dear wl1234,

According to your description, The possibility of hemorrhoids (external) is very high.

The main causes of haemorrhoid include:
Chronic straining as well as prolonged sitting, they result in improper blood circulation around the anal area and weak muscle tone. As a sequence, blood vessels will swell and become engorged forming swellings of vascular tissue that can be seen and felt in the affected area.
Patients with inflammatory bowel diseases are more prone to have haemorrhoids.

The symptoms of external haemorrhoid include:
Pain in the perianal area and external bleeding that is more frequent with strain during defecation.

Only by complete history, physical examination and investigations, the correct diagnosis can be reached. I advise you to be checked by your doctor.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here