Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: bubbles on anus when bowl movements

wl1234 - Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:02 pm

I am 24 years old and I've been experiencing some what look like bubbles around my anus when I have a bowl movement and I have to strain. After about 20 or so mins. they go away and everything goes back to normal. But It does get old after awhile with the straining, and I've also noticed that everytime I eat something no matter what it is most of the time I have bad diarhiea and I even have to strain with that. Although I am under alot of stress lately and have heard thats what could cause after eating. I guess my question is.....could this just be a case of hemmroids and if so how do I get rid of them cause its becoming a nusense to me and my everyday life.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:22 pm

User avatar Dear wl1234,

According to your description, The possibility of hemorrhoids (external) is very high.

The main causes of haemorrhoid include:
Chronic straining as well as prolonged sitting, they result in improper blood circulation around the anal area and weak muscle tone. As a sequence, blood vessels will swell and become engorged forming swellings of vascular tissue that can be seen and felt in the affected area.
Patients with inflammatory bowel diseases are more prone to have haemorrhoids.

The symptoms of external haemorrhoid include:
Pain in the perianal area and external bleeding that is more frequent with strain during defecation.

Only by complete history, physical examination and investigations, the correct diagnosis can be reached. I advise you to be checked by your doctor.

|