Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Pain under my armpits ... no swell

katsusand - Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:34 pm

Hello there

I am 15 years male And i have Pain under my armpits and also in the chest and the shoulders ..The pain is slight ((exept the pain in the chest that RARLY comes to me and it is not the same pain as the armpits)) . And i found no swells or tumors ((even if there is it doesn't hurt when I touch The place of the pain))
so I am worried ... If this is some kind of canser...
My father died because an unknown illnes but some say that it was a canser

Please Help
.. All I have found on the web direct me to Lymphomia And I am worried...

Peace ..
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:30 pm

Pain alone is not a sign of lymphoma. When pain is associated with a swelling it is usually the result of an inflammatory process or suppuration, but pain may also result from hemorrhage into the necrotic center of a malignant node. The presence or absence of tenderness does not reliably differentiate benign from malignant nodes.[1]

If you are still concerned you should have it examined.

References:
==========
1. Fijten GH, Blijham GH. Unexplained lymphadenopathy in family practice. An evaluation of the probability of malignant causes and the effectiveness of physicians' workup. J Fam Pract 1988;27: 373-6.
 katsusand - Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:18 pm

Wait Doctor ... I really Didn't Understand You clearly ...
You mean when there is pain in the armpits without swelling than the pain is malignant?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:28 pm

User avatar Sorry I should clarify.

Pain alone is NOT a sign of lymphoma. Pain in association with a lump MAY be a lymphoma. You have pain alone so according to your description you are safe.

However, the reason that I wanted to send you to the doctor is because the absence of swelling needs to be verified by a clinical examination.

katsusand - Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:46 pm

Thank You Very much Doctor... But one more thing please..
Why did you said that
However, the reason that I wanted to send you to the doctor is because the absence of swelling needs to be verified by a clinical examination

You are doubdting with something in the pain??

and I forgot to tell
that my right armpit((the one that hurst common)) is sweating much than the left one ....
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:59 pm

User avatar I told you the reason why I said that:

"the reason that I wanted to send you to the doctor is because the absence of swelling needs to be verified by a clinical examination"

I cannot depend on your examination to acknowledge there is no swelling. A trained physician should verify.

Sweat from one armpit more than another is of no clinical significance to your concern. It's not important.
 katsusand - Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:10 pm

I ask Allah the almighty the all mercful To open to you the good things ... Thank you very much doctor fouad may allah bless you ....
 worried1982 - Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 pm

Can you tell me if you ever found out what this was...I have the same thing and am freaking out....I have seen 3 docs all of which have not felt any lumps....i just have the pain in my armpit, shoulder and chest and the excess sweating in that armpit...just wandering if you ever found out what was wrong....maybe we have the same thing....thanks for your help!

|