News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Skin tag??? for 2 years and Lower Back Pain for 2 months!!!

boons - Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:57 am

I am a 19 year old girl. I am worried about this protrusion (diagnosed as a fissure by a GP and was given xyloproct 2 months back, no improvemet) from near my anal opening which seems to me like a skin tag. It's a LITTLE bit bigger than a pea and is squishy and moves about like a skin flap. I've had this for about two years now, but it has not enlarged in size or changed in any manner over the course of time. It does not generally cause me any pain, but if I ride a bike or walk a long distance, it becomes a little irritated. But this irritation didn't start until a couple of months back. There is no bleeding or pain when i pass faeces. I am worried because a couple of months back i got this continuous lower back pain. It seems be starting at the end of my spine and moves abt 2 inches up along the spine. It's sort of like this burning sensation. I've tried medication prescribed by an orthopaedic surgeon, (Cellox and paracetemol for about 2 weeks now) There is a little improvement. But I can't help but worry. My mother died of breast cancer, don't know if it is of any relevance. I would GREATLY appreciate it if anyone is kind enough to offer me an opinion. I am going to a surgeon in a few weeks. But until then, I just need to ease my mind. so PLEASE!!!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:21 am

User avatar Hi boons,
The description you gave although may be linked to several factors, also describes a possible hemorrhoid. Has this ever been mentioned? As for the back pain, reasons are numerous, for example, skeletal problems, nerve compression, kidney stones, gynecological problems, etc. etc. I am glad to hear you have an upcoming evaluation to identify the causative factor.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 boons - Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:08 am

:):) It's really sweet of you to reply so quickly. I went to the surgeon this morning. Turns out it's just a skin tag and he said that I don't have to worry or take any medication for that. I feel tonnes better already!!!! Thank you so much for the reply!! This is a GREAT website and it's great that you guys volunteer your services here. :):)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here