News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Prior Blood Disorder/Possibly re-occuring

rcampise - Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:15 pm

I'm a 38 year-old male. About 13 years ago I had Autoimmune Thrombocytpenia and the outcome of that was to take my spleen out. I have had no health problems since until last month I developed Shingles. It has been about 5 weeks and I now have a painful swollen lymph node under my right armpit. I don't have any other sickness symptoms. Could this be the shingles infection still lingering or could it be something more, and could the Shingles been the indicator something else is going wrong. I did have blood drawn at the time I was diagnosed with Shingles and believe everything was fine. I have read articles that a painful swollen Node indicates infection. But with the past blood disorder and a father and grandfather who have passed because of blood disorders it has me a little concerned. My wife called my PCP (primary care physician) and they said to come in as planned on 3/22 (my next appointment) and mention it to the doctor. Just looking for some optimistic answers and hopefully it is just the infection from shingles lingering. Thanks for your help.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:16 am

User avatar Hello,

Its normal for shingles to cause pain after it has clinically resolved. I do not think it bears any relation to your previous hematological disorder.

Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here