Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Reactive lymph nodes

tina marie - Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:52 am

I am a 40 yr old female with a family history of cancer and autoimmune disease's. I've been sick for 11 mo and have referred myself to multiple doctor. I've been healthy until 11 mos ago. I've had blood work showing my white blood cells where slightly enlarged but that doctor said it was nothing. Recently had a ct scan of neck and it showed a thickening between t1 and t4 where I complained my symptons started. Symptoms started as a feeling of infection in that same area. I'm extrememly fatiqued and feel a slight pressure there. It started as a pea size and now feels like about 1 inch in diameter. A gasterologist biopsyed the area and results where negative for infection and cancer. My prior ct scan showed the thickening and multiple reactive lypnoids on both sides of my neck. I'm still sick and extremely fatiqued. The doctor suggested I return to my primary care physician which I stopped going to because he wouldnt get aggressive with my problem. I never felt my lympnoids and didn't know they where reactive but now the are very swallen and are bothering me and putting pressure on the bottom of my ear. I'm so worried and sick and am tired of going to multiple doctors. Do you have any information on what could be wrong or where I can go and what test I should ask for so I can get this resolved? I've been to 2 md's, 1 pulmonary, 2 neck and throat specialist and 1 gasternologist. I need this resolved. Like I said I was a healthy person with no allergies and not problems until this and now I'm sick every single day. Please please help. I'm also on no medications and was check for reflux and that was negative also. lungs are clear. breathing test normal. thyroid normal.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:07 am

Reactive lymph nodes tend to resolve on their own. They may remain slightly enlarged and form what are known as shotty lymph nodes.

If you continue to experience symptoms then you should be put under follow up. A primary care physician would be fine.

|