News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: left testicle really big

kenrex - Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:51 am

Hi,

I am 23 years old, male. I have had an enlarged left testicle for my whole life and never got it checked out. It is at least 5 times larger than my right and is not the shape of a ball. infact, it is more like a clutter of bumps, and looks like a brain if you can imagine. I'm honestly too scared to get it checked out since I had it my whole life and it doesnt seem to bother me. However, I would like to know what this could be. thanks....
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:19 am

User avatar Hi kenrex,
There are many conditions aside from cancer that may cause testicular enlargement. For example, a varicocele, enlarged veins in the scrotum, typically affects the left side, feels much like a "bag of worms". Hydroceles, if the scrotum is full of clear fluid it can be easily demonstrated by shining a flashlight through the enlarged portion and it becomes transilluminated. Inguinal hernias also may cause scrotal enlargement. Regardless of whether the symptoms you are experiencing are from a benign disorder as the above mentioned examples or related to a malignant origin, I would strongly suggest an evaluation by your physician.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here