Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: left testicle really big

kenrex - Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:51 am

I am 23 years old, male. I have had an enlarged left testicle for my whole life and never got it checked out. It is at least 5 times larger than my right and is not the shape of a ball. infact, it is more like a clutter of bumps, and looks like a brain if you can imagine. I'm honestly too scared to get it checked out since I had it my whole life and it doesnt seem to bother me. However, I would like to know what this could be. thanks....
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:19 am

User avatar Hi kenrex,
There are many conditions aside from cancer that may cause testicular enlargement. For example, a varicocele, enlarged veins in the scrotum, typically affects the left side, feels much like a "bag of worms". Hydroceles, if the scrotum is full of clear fluid it can be easily demonstrated by shining a flashlight through the enlarged portion and it becomes transilluminated. Inguinal hernias also may cause scrotal enlargement. Regardless of whether the symptoms you are experiencing are from a benign disorder as the above mentioned examples or related to a malignant origin, I would strongly suggest an evaluation by your physician.

|