Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: recurring enlarged lymph node

pennygaile - Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:41 am

I am a 41 white female. I have been under a doctor's care since 10/05 for bladder urgency, had 1 staph infection in 10/05 and blood in urine. I have had several visits due to bloon in urine and had a cat scan and scope and all was good just a simple cyst on ovary. I go in 6/29/06 for another urine sample to see if still have blood in urine. I am not worried about it though. But recently my lymph node on the left side of my head towards the lower part of the head enlarged. It hurts and makes sleeping difficult and swells up fast. One day it was there and hurts and after about 4 days the pain went away and the swelling is almost gone. It is hard and swelling covers a large area about 2 inches. I was talking to my husband and he said that this was becoming a habit. I got to thinking and he was right. I have had this same lymph node swell suddenly and hurts bad and it occurs about every 3-4 months probably for 1 year. The longest was 2 weeks. It is a large swelling and always in the same spot. I never mentioned it to my doctor because I was there for my bladder and every time I go it is not bothering me. I realize now that maybe there is a problem. Do I need to mention this to my urologist on 6/29/06 or not since the node has quit hurting and the swelling is almost gone? I am on a bladder urgency RX and a bladder/stomach acid overthe counter RX the urologist put me on. Or should I go to a different type of doctor? Thanks for you assistance in this matter.
Thanks PJ
 pennygaile - Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:29 am

Since my original posting. I had a flare up over the weekend. I was not feeling to perky on friday. Then Sat. I noticed that I was still tender from my swollen node on the left back side of head even with my ear and was having headaches and just felt yucky. My right node on the back of head straight across from my left was swollen and then I developed a swollen lymph node behind my right ear right behind the ear lobe. It didn't hurt just a small olive size node. I took some advil and laid down since I was not feeling good. I woke up 2 hours later and the node behind right ear was gone and my right side was not swollen but today I fell like I have the flu. Do I still need to mention this to my urologist on Thursday or go see my family doctor or do nothing since the swelling on all 3 have went away.
 pennygaile - Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:19 am

Since my last post, I was stretching my neck (I work at a desk) and was massaging my neck and noticed on my left side about the middle of my neck about 2 inches down from my ear and over 1 inch to the right was a lump. I guess it is a swollen lymph node. It doesn't hurt and is about 3/4inches round. I don't know how long it has been there but it has been 3 days and still there and not shrinking. Do I need to go to a doctor or just wait until tomorrow for my urologist appt.? I am getting scared. I realize this could be an infection since I am feeling tired. What is up?

Scared in Oklahoma

|