News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lymph nodes, headaches, stiffness, fatigue, HELP!!!

pennygaile - Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:56 pm

I am 41 year old overweight female. I had trouble with my lymph nodes swelling on the back of my head. I went to the doctor who tested me for strep throat and he said I had strep. Then I went and was tested for mono which I didn't have. This was in June. I was given RX and took all of that. I must say I had no throat problems except my mouth felt cottoney.

The problem and the part I am scared of is that the lymph node in my neck area has never went down. Also I have one lymph node on the base of my skull that swells up large, causes me to be so tired and can't sleep because my whole head and neck is in pain. I have no fevor. Just severe fatigue, stiff and painful neck, headache, and the node goes back down in 1 day but I feel miseaable for days. This is happening every month and twice in 2 weeks. I don't know what is happening and I am scared. Should I go back to the doctor or what? HELP!!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 am

User avatar Hi pennygaile,
Lymph node enlargement typically related to an infectious process tend to decrease in size over a short period of time. Lymph node enlargement that persists or does not decrease in size over a short period of time, despite a course of antibiotic therapy would of course raise concern about the pathology or causative factor regarding enlargement. Regardless, notify your physician that you are continuing to experience symptoms.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 pennygaile - Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:29 am

I will make an appt and let you know the outcome. My concern was my headaches. My lymph node swelled suddenly on Friday and this is Tuesday and I still have a headache and it is worse lying down which makes sleeping troublesome. Thank you for your answer.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here