News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Can Lymphoma spread to bladder

happy one - Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:43 pm

Hi Dr Fouad,I was just curious if Marginal B cell Lymphoma can jump to my bladder.I have a cystocele I'm going to have work on and my doctor says now I have another cancer on the vulva.Called Melanoma he thinks.I just wonder if it isn't the Lymphoma and not Melanoma.Plus my bladder hurts so I wonder if it could be cancer jumping into another organ.Well any info you can give me would be great.Have a great day!Sincerly,Happy One
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:33 am

User avatar Hello Happy One!

Its very rare for lymphoma to spread to the bladder. So that shouldn't be the first possibility. Again, spread of lymphoma to the vulvar skin would be an unusual presentation.

Did you get a biopsy done from the new lesion?

Best regards.
 happy one - Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:35 pm

Hi Dr Fouad,Let me first say I appreciate your dedication to helping me.I really do want to thank you!I I wish you were my doctor! As far as the biopsy goes,my doctor wanted to it right then.But I've been in horrible pain and thought since I've got to have surgery for my cystocele,I'd just have him do it then.Ya know rather than be awake for it.I think I probably have a Rectocele too.I just don't like the discoloration on the vulva.Black is not normal is it?Its just in two areas.Its hard up here in Redding,Ca.alot of the doctors are afraid to touch me cause I'm considered high risk.I told my doctor that I'd just like to get the surgery done.Rather than do all the Urodynamics.Because they said the end result will be the same,surgery.But I guess I don't have a choice.Well Dr.Fouad, You have a great day and THANK YOU! Sincerly,Happy One
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:07 pm

User avatar Thank you very much Happy one for your kind words!

Please keep us updated and best of luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here