News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: serious question

kdsjager - Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:05 am

I am a 34 yr. old female who for more than a year have had drenching night sweats,weight loss in 6 months of 14% of body weight,extreme fatigue,painless lymphadenopathy in groin,neck,back of head,supraclavicular,under arms,itching all over,constipation,numbness and tingling in hands,bone pain with bruised feeling,lower back pain,low-grade fever at night only,chills,pain in left side under rib cage.I have been tested for TB,thyroid problems,infection(been on antibiotics),STD's,HIV,Hepititis-all negative.I did test positive for a past Epstein-Barr infection,but I don't have it now.I have had a right inguinal node biopsy that came back benign but reactive.I requested that the dr. biopsy a supraclavicular node instead,and he wouldn't.After the biopsy,I requested it again,but the dr. refused,saying a second biopsy was 'unethical'?I know that sometimes inguinal nodes can show reactive hyperplasia,and the best results come from the supraclavicular location.These symptoms are not caused by infection,and they are not going away,but worsening.The drs. have pretty much left me like this,and I don't know where else to go,or what to do.I also have a vague feeling that something is really wrong,and even the dr. who refused to do the second biopsy told he that he thought I have a very serious illness,but he doesn't want to look any further to find the cause.Can someone please answer this question and take me very seriously.What could I tell my drs. to make them investigate further into this?also,I don't know if this is relevant,but I have a strange symptom that has me really confused.Part of my skull has begun to indent.I've never seen anything like it,and my husband was pretty freaked out when I showed it to him.It is an indentation that I can actually lay my finger in,on the left side of my head,behind my ear,under my hair.It has never been there before,and has come up in the last 3 months.I can't find anything anywhere about what would cause this,and don't know if it is related to all these other things or not.Thank in advance for any replies. kds
 kdsjager - Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:24 am

I can see that no one really gives a '****'.Disregard my previous post,because I have decided to give up on the doctors.I will make my body fight this,whatever it is,and by sheer willpower,I will win.I've always had an awesome immune system,so it'd better start fighting. kdsjager

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here