News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: Severe Cercial Displasia/Possible Carcinoma in Situ

CarlyAnne1 - Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:05 pm

I'm a 26 year old female HPV positive. I've been having abnormal paps since 1997. I've been through several LEEPS/Cones. My latest pap came back severe cervical displasia with possible carcinoma in situ. What I want to know is, why can't they clear this up? Now I could possibly have cancer things just keep getting worse as the years go by. I just keep having surgeries and nothing helps. What should I do? Is there something else I haven't tried?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:29 am

User avatar Hi CarlyAnne1,
I am sure having repeated procedures can be very frustrating and even discouraging. It you consider from the point of view that this actually has helped because had you not had the procedures done in a timely manner rather than the results being severe cervical dysplasia with possible carcinoma in situ they may have very well been invasive cervical carcinoma. Good luck and our best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here