News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: underarm lump- cyst vs node

jenny2 - Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:40 am

I am a 33 yr old mother of 2. In the past I have had very small, moveable round lumps under my armpits. I have always had them checked out and they have been cysts. I have another one that feels exactly the same as they have in the past. It is maybe 2-3 mm (tiny, much smaller than even a BB) freely moveable. When is a lymph node under the arm considered enlarged? I do not want to be running to the doctor for every little thing. I had a mamogram last Jan which was fine. This has been present for quite some time (5 mo) and has not increased at all in size- its soo small I can't tell if it is smaller. I am not due back to visit my OBGYN until MArch.
Thanks!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:02 am

User avatar Hi jenny2,
Lymph nodes anywhere in the body may enlarge as a result of, ie., an infection or inflammatory process and may not return to their pre-infectious size and stay slightly enlarged. Generally speaking, lymph nodes, for example, (1 cm or less) the size that you described are not typically worrisome in nature. However, if you notice any changes, enlargement, etc. be sure to notify your physician for an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 joslyng - Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:34 am

When in doubt, always consult your doctor. There is no stupidity when it comes to your body and your health.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here