Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump on sternum after AlloSCT

hsj99 - Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:06 pm

Just a little background on my wife, she is 34 years old and was diagnosed with Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma last year. After several unsuccessful chemo attempts, they did an Allo Stem Cell Transplant. We are 6 months after the SCT and now she has developed a Lump on her sternum, she is also gradually losing weight. The NP told us that it was a Fat Deposit but given what she has been through; I don't know that is what it is. She is supposed to have her oncologist look at it on Monday, but I wanted to see if someone could give me some information on things to look for.
 amydmitchell1973 - Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:55 pm

Did the doctor not want to do a biopsy to test this lump? Seems to me with her given history they would want to do that. I have a question for you... What symptoms did your wife have when she was first diagnosed? Has she ever had all of her lymph glands swell at the same time? My sister who is 33 is experiencing that right now and we have no idea what is causing it. I'm scared that it might be some form of cancer but not sure.

|