Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump above collarbone or neck? Did Doctor do everything?

11laura11 - Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:24 pm

Hello, last week, I found a lump about an inch above collar bone in my neck. I looked up anatomy pictures and I can not tell if it is the Supraclavicular region (it is not in hollow of collarbone but above it) or if it is posterior cervical node. Anyway, i went to the doctor who felt it and said it was mobile but was still concerned. I also had swollen glands and sinus infection. I was put on antibiotics for sinus infection and blood work was done. Blood work came back normal but I don't know what tests he ran. Swollen glands are now gone, but lump is still there but I think, (not positive) that is it now smaller. I also feel a bit of a lump in my throat when I swallow. I am 36 mom of two young kids. He said monitor the lump to see what it does. Is that all I should do at this point? This was my general practicioner, when should i go see an oncologist. What area do you think my node is if an inch above collar bone but behind that ststernomastoid and in front of Trapezius. ( i think) Also, it seems to be exactly about 1 cm. What is my next step? Should I be worried? Other sympoms I have had last two months are dizziness, vision problems, insomnia and hot flashes. Thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:53 am

I would trust your doctor's opinion. Follow up of your condition is all that is required. If you do sense that it has grown or new symptoms arise you should tell your doctor right away.

|