News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump above collarbone or neck? Did Doctor do everything?

11laura11 - Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:24 pm

Hello, last week, I found a lump about an inch above collar bone in my neck. I looked up anatomy pictures and I can not tell if it is the Supraclavicular region (it is not in hollow of collarbone but above it) or if it is posterior cervical node. Anyway, i went to the doctor who felt it and said it was mobile but was still concerned. I also had swollen glands and sinus infection. I was put on antibiotics for sinus infection and blood work was done. Blood work came back normal but I don't know what tests he ran. Swollen glands are now gone, but lump is still there but I think, (not positive) that is it now smaller. I also feel a bit of a lump in my throat when I swallow. I am 36 mom of two young kids. He said monitor the lump to see what it does. Is that all I should do at this point? This was my general practicioner, when should i go see an oncologist. What area do you think my node is if an inch above collar bone but behind that ststernomastoid and in front of Trapezius. ( i think) Also, it seems to be exactly about 1 cm. What is my next step? Should I be worried? Other sympoms I have had last two months are dizziness, vision problems, insomnia and hot flashes. Thank you.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:53 am

User avatar Hello,

I would trust your doctor's opinion. Follow up of your condition is all that is required. If you do sense that it has grown or new symptoms arise you should tell your doctor right away.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here