News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Liposome Tumor?

nsupanda - Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:39 am

I found what feels like a "bump" in my upper chest, my doctor said it's at the 11:00 location on my breast. She said it isn't a lump, but probably a liposome tumor. They are going to do an ultrasound because I am only 24 years old. My question is this: I can't find anything on the internet about liposome tumors. When I type in "Liposome" it only shows me that it is a possible TREATMENT for breast cancer. Can you refer me to some more information about a liposome tumor, or tell me more about it? She mentioned that it could be a cyst, but said more likely the liposome tumor. I have no past diagnoses, no past surgeries, no family history of breast cancer, and am not taking current medications. Thanks!
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:35 am

User avatar Hello,

I guess you mean lipoma.

Lipomas are slow-growing, benign fatty tumors surrounded by a thin fibrous capsule. Clinically they are well defined, free mobile with a characteristic “slippage sign”.

Lipomas of the breast are frequently seen.
They can be diagnosed with mammograph being radiolucent and U.S .

Breast lipomas are excised only if there is doubt about their nature which is no more the case with advanced breast imaging techniques.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here