News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Lumb behind the ear, face twitch.

thewb - Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:32 pm

I have a lump (now two) behind my right ear. One has been there since the begining of the semester and has doubled in size. The other one "popped-up" about a day ago. My eyelid--the left one--has been twitching allot lately also. What the heck should I do? I am a poor college student, I am 28.
here is a picture...
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:34 am

User avatar Hello,

The postauricular lymph nodes are located behind the ears. They drain the external auditory meatus, pinna, scalp. Common causes of enlargement include local infection.

Its very difficult to assess your condition over the internet with any accuracy (even with the picture). However, the new lesion looks suspiciously like a furuncle or another form of infection. Furuncles usually go away by themselves or using antibiotic ointment.

The older one could be a lymph node, I cannot be sure. Please understand that while we try our best to guide you and give you any information that may help, its very dangerous to rely on the information provided here alone. You must seek medical attention if this does not subside within a couple of days.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here