News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Pressure in eye and dizzy

sosick2 - Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:17 pm

hi im 17 male, one night a month ago i felt a sudden slight weird feeling around my left eye while playing on the computer, the next morning i woke up i felt completely different. ever since i have been feeling weak/dizzy and my left eye vision has been blurry.
i feel a slight pressure in my head and when i touch between my eye and nose there is a weird feeling there is also pressure around my left eye. i havent had nausea/headaches.

PS i use the computer a lot

please help thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:52 pm

User avatar Your symptoms sound somewhat concerning. Unfortunately, without being able to examine you, I cannot get very specific.

I'd recommend you be evaluated by your doctor.

Keep us updated.
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:03 am

i went to the doctor twice and they did some neuro examination, and said i was fine twice, but i know im not.

any idea????
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:53 pm

User avatar I would advise you to consider seeing a neurologist if these symptoms are not resolving. There are many possiblities including atypical migraine headaches, seizures, inflammation of the optic nerves or other areas of the brain (though this is pretty unlikely given what you describe.)

Some things such as seizures and migraines are known to be occasionally triggered by watching computer monitors.

Beyond this, I am not able to get more detailed without examining you. If you are concerned I would suggest that you share your concerns with your doctor. Then you can either receive the reassurance that all is well, or get an appropriate treatment plan set up.

Hope this helps.
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:04 pm

ok thanks a lot
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:35 pm

sorry for double post,

so you mean all of that is pretty unlikely?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:02 pm

User avatar I would say that these are uncommon problems. But uncommon problems do happen. So it's probably a good idea to be evaluated by your doctor and possibly a neurologist.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated.
 sosick2 - Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:25 pm

thanks for your advice, will do

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here