Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump on lower left side of the neck

LouLou32 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:32 am

Hi

I would appreciate any information regarding the following.

About 8 weeks ago I found a small lump on the left side of my neck. Then a few days ago I was washing that area without a flannel and felt a pea like lump under the skin (although it feels slightly oblong). It has def grown in size since the last prod! It does not seem to move at all, not been ill in months and no colds or flu or anything.

Additionaly and maybe not linked a couple of weeks ago I yawned and felt an awful pain all down the front of my throat and was scared to swallow. Felt like something at twisted or cracked was very odd and probably not linked but I thought worth mentioning.

Is it worth visiting my Doctor and does anyone have any idea what this could be.

I look forward to your responses.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:01 am

You haven't specified your age or exactly where the lump is in your neck or the size of the lump. However, I think it is a cause for concern. I would strongly recommend you have a doctor look at it.

LouLou32 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:13 am

It is just above the collar bone and towards the front it almost sits on top of what I think is a swollen gland oh and I am 32.
 LouLou32 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:14 am

sorry am new to this......it is about the size of a pea but oblong in shape.

Many thanks for your swift response.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:08 pm

It could be among other things a supraclavicular lymph node. The size appears small and this along with your age usually indicates there is nothing to worry aobut. But I think you should have your doctor look at it.

Keep me updated.
 zeebra - Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi im 20 years old and i also have a lump on the lower left side of my neck.i noticed it when my bf poked me by mistake on the side of my neck. i don't know if it was caused by the poke or is it something more serious. it doesnt hurt really either. i also noticed today that i have another lump on the upper part of my neck, right about where my tonsils are. These two lumps are both on the left side. I know it can be a lymph, but im not sure. The only irregularity that has happened recently is an increase in discharge. Could it be an infection?

|