News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump on lower left side of the neck

LouLou32 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:32 am

Hi

I would appreciate any information regarding the following.

About 8 weeks ago I found a small lump on the left side of my neck. Then a few days ago I was washing that area without a flannel and felt a pea like lump under the skin (although it feels slightly oblong). It has def grown in size since the last prod! It does not seem to move at all, not been ill in months and no colds or flu or anything.

Additionaly and maybe not linked a couple of weeks ago I yawned and felt an awful pain all down the front of my throat and was scared to swallow. Felt like something at twisted or cracked was very odd and probably not linked but I thought worth mentioning.

Is it worth visiting my Doctor and does anyone have any idea what this could be.

I look forward to your responses.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:01 am

User avatar Hello,

You haven't specified your age or exactly where the lump is in your neck or the size of the lump. However, I think it is a cause for concern. I would strongly recommend you have a doctor look at it.

Best regards,
 LouLou32 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:13 am

It is just above the collar bone and towards the front it almost sits on top of what I think is a swollen gland oh and I am 32.
 LouLou32 - Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:14 am

sorry am new to this......it is about the size of a pea but oblong in shape.

Many thanks for your swift response.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:08 pm

User avatar Hello,

It could be among other things a supraclavicular lymph node. The size appears small and this along with your age usually indicates there is nothing to worry aobut. But I think you should have your doctor look at it.

Keep me updated.
 zeebra - Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi im 20 years old and i also have a lump on the lower left side of my neck.i noticed it when my bf poked me by mistake on the side of my neck. i don't know if it was caused by the poke or is it something more serious. it doesnt hurt really either. i also noticed today that i have another lump on the upper part of my neck, right about where my tonsils are. These two lumps are both on the left side. I know it can be a lymph, but im not sure. The only irregularity that has happened recently is an increase in discharge. Could it be an infection?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here