News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Gland or what?

LapraS - Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:29 am

Hi, I don't know how to put this but right under my left ear between my neck and cheekthere's supposed to be some sort of lumb, bone. It's on both sides. But today there's some small lumb right on top of it. As big as my fingernail.

Thanks in advance.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:02 am

User avatar Hello,

There really is no way of telling without examination. From your description it could be a lymph node but it could also be many things.

Please seek an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible.
 LapraS - Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:08 am

Well, I'm a 15 years old, I have never had health problems. I'm 70 KG, 1.90 metres. I really don't know how to describe it, if you follow your jawbone to your ear there's some sorta hole. Right under that is a bone, gland, don't realy know. But it feels bigger than usual. It pretty much feels like those tonsils under your chin.

*If only I knew medicial terms*
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:37 am

User avatar Hello,

As I said I really can't tell. It could be a lymph node or you could be feeling the mastoid process which is a bone in that area.

Please have someone look at it just in case.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here