News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Tender lumps on the underside of my upper arm

byrone2211 - Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:34 pm

Hi, Im a 38 yo male. Over the last 2-3 months I have been slowing developing these lumps on the under part of my upper arm. They are tender to touch, rubbery, and move a little. They are on both arms but much more prevalent on the left arm. I am tired often but these are the only symptoms. Any ideas what they may be would be appreciated. Thank you.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:00 am

User avatar Hello,

They are probably lymph nodes as they occur in a lymph node region, however this must be confirmed by your physician

The axillary lymph nodes are located in the axillae (arm pits). They drain the arm, thoracic wall, breast.

Abnormal Lymph node enlargement commonly results from infection / immune response, cancer.

Following infection Lymph nodes become enlarged, painful and tender.

Nodes are generally considered to be normal if they are up to 1 cm in diameter, If it is painful or tender this indicate infection or inflammation. The drained parts should be checked probably for proper management.

An increase in nodal size on serial examinations is significant. Hence nodes that continue to grow in size are important and those that regress in size tend to be more reassuring.

Direct clinical examination is essential to.
Keep us updated.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here