Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: new lump

kguttay - Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:38 am

Hi I am a 22 year old female. Just recently I found a lump in my left breast. I am rather small chested so it is rather normal for me to feel small lumps, but this one is rather big and hard. It moves around slightly and is not painful to the touch but when it has been irratated for a while it gets sore. I have no family history of breast cancer as far as I know, as well as no past surgeries or diagnosis. I am not on any current medications besides my inhaler. I was on birth control but have not been on that for quite some time. I know I should go to a doctor, but we just moved and I'm still in that 'no health insirance' period; so I was looking for some advice first. Thank you so much for your time.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:27 am

User avatar Hi kguttay,
Fibrocystic breast changes is a rather common and sometimes bothersome condition typically affecting younger women. However, that is not to say that ANY new or unusual lump, found on self breast exam should be ignored. Any changes should be brought to the attention of a physician regardless of age. There are many health clinics, women's clinics, etc. that provide services at a reduced cost or free typically based on income and need. If you would like me to attempt to assist you in finding access for health care I would b glad to do so.
Best Wishes.
 kguttay - Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:24 pm

That would be great...I'm not sure if it has something to do with that I am also going to be starting my period soon, but I have never had this before...Thank you again
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:04 am

User avatar Hi kguttay,
List the state or area of residence and I will do my best to locate health care options.
 kguttay - Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:58 am

Fort Myers, FL

Thank you again
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:27 am

User avatar Hi kguttay,
I sincerely hope you find the following information useful, if not please let me know and I will search further.
Click here!
Click here!
Click here!

|