Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Painful, extremely swollen lymph node in groin.

hrploscik - Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:15 am

Hello, my name is Heather. I am 20, and have never had any major diagnosis other than chronic sinusitus, which I had successful surgery for. I have also had LASIK and all four of my wisdom teeth removed. On the 12th of December, I was lying in bed, adjusting the covers, when I brushed against my right groin area. I noticed a very strong sensation of pain, which I thought was odd. I checked the area, and noticed that it was very swollen, with a hard, almost fibrous lump (like muscle) nestled in between the crese between my pelvis and my right leg. Over the next five days, the extreme pain and swelling seemed to subside. Then, on my birthday, the 19th, I was in yoga and I brushed that area again. The pain was much worse this time, I fell over and started crying. I went to my internist the next day, and she sent me for a surgical consult, deciding that I either had a hernia or a lymph node problem. (The lymph node was seemingly the least concerning of the two.) I went to a surgeon the next Wednesday, and he recommended non-laproscopic surgery for the next morning. He also thought it was a hernia, but was worried that the hernia was possibly covering a lymph node with a problem. When I went into surgery, it turned out that there was no hernia, but my lymph node was about the size of two walnuts. It was removed, and sent for testing. The pathologist said he had trouble determining exactly what was going on inside of there, so it was sent out for further testing. I am extremely worried that I may have lymphoma. Over the past four months, I have been completely exhausted, and have simply not felt very well, almost as though I am constantly in the midst of getting over a cold. Any advice anyone could give on the subject would be phenomenal. Thank you very much, Heather.
 hrploscik - Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:24 am

I did forget to mention that I also had a swollen, painful lymph node in front of my left ear in October. The same pain reaction occurred when it was touched. There is a history of cancer in my family, lung, throat, and stomach. Thank you again.

|