News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Brain Tumor ?

Red deer angel - Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:49 am

If I bend over I get a severe pain in my head. If I shake my head as if to say "no" I get a severe pain in my head. I get daily headaches. They are always in the same spot (front of my head and towards the right side). If I jump up and down I get a severe pain in my head. It seems if I have any shock to the body I get the same severe pain. Today I slipped on kitchen floor but did not quite fall...and becouse of fast movement to stop myself from falling - I got the same sever head pain. I seem to not hear as well either. I feel my hearing has diminished somewhat in the last year. I did fall backwards and smack my head on a cement floor about 15 yrs ago and was knocked out for about 3 hours.
I am 34 yrs old. I am female. There is no history of brain tumors in my family, although there is a history of heart disease.
Past surgeries are ovarian cysts ( the ones with hair skin teeth)
I presently have a ovarian cyst on my only remaining ovary and a "growth" on my uterus. Doctors hope to look at them by spring or summer - when i can get a bed in the hospital. (waiting list).
Do you think I have a brain tumor?
Thank you kindly.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 am

User avatar Hello,

There are many causes of chronic headache. It could be one of the primary headache syndromes (more common) or a manifestation of an elevated blood pressure, neck problems, eye problems, ear problems or sinus problems. Primary headache includes tension type headache, migraines and cluster headaches.

Brain tumors may present as intermittent deep, dull aching of moderate intensity, which may worsen with exertion or change in position and may be associated with nausea and vomiting. On examination there maybe neurological signs.

Sinus headache is usually worse in the morning and on bending over. It may feels like a painful fullness. The area over the sinus is usually tender. If present it may show on the CT scan.

I would strongly recommend that you get an examination. If your daily headache is of recent onset or is progressive in intensity then you may require further investigation by CT/MRI.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here