News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: I have a bump on my neck

kara_e - Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:01 am

I have a hard 'lump' on the bottom back of my neck. It's a bit bigger than a pea and is round. I noticed it yesterday and there has been no significant change. I haven't been proding at it, but it doesn't hurt unless I push it a bit, then it feels a bit irritated. If there is no change or if it enlarges within the next week, I will probably ask my mom to go to the clinic. My question is what this could be, and if it could be a form of cancer.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:23 pm

Dear kara_e,

It can be a simple inflammation ,especially since it hurts...and become irritated...just keep following it up, but don't irritate it at the same time,ok? Have you had a recent flu/sore thorat ,etc? do you have any scalp problems(dandruff or seborroheic dermatitis)?

All of these can attribute to swollen lymph nodes ...it's the body's defensive mechanism against bacteria,viruses,etc.. where immunity cells are being cooked in the lymph nodes ( as a figure of speech).

Don't panic,just follow it every 2-3 days and check if you have any lumps anywhere,how old are you?

Best regards,
 kara_e - Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:40 pm

I'm a girl, 14 years old, I'll be 15 in March, I don't have any more dandruff than I usually do, and I haven't had any flus recently or been sick at all, but I've been with my familly who all got a gastro eccept for my brother and I.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here