Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Neck Mass, Enlarged Nodes

WorriedPaul - Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:06 am

I am a 21 year old male. I am in good health but I do have hypertension due to polycistic kidney disease. There is no history of lymphoma in my family and I have not had any surgeries in the past. I am very scared because about a month ago I noticed a very large and easily distinguashable mass in my right neck. The mass started decreasing but I saw a ent doctor because I was still very worried. The ent gave me an antibiotic and did a ct scan which revealed 7 mildly enlarged nodes in the middle portion of the right side of my neck. I also noticed that were a few enlarged nodes a little bit lower on my right neck (not supracavicular however). It has been about 25 days and the neck mass is almost gone. However, the enlarged nodes that are a lilttle bit lower than where the neck mass is are still there and have not decreased. I saw my general doctor and he said it is just an infection but I still do not feel reasured since these nodes have not gone away. I am really really afraid of lymphoma. Why do you think those bottom nodes havent gone away? I feel a little bit better that the neck mass is almost gone but even it isnt 100% gone. Could this be one of the slow indolent lymphomas? Is it common in an infection for the neck mass to regress very slowly and for at least 3 or 4 more nodes a little bit underneath to persistently be swollen? Or is it possible to rule out lymphoma since the neck mass is getting smaller and not bigger? Please help me, I am soo afraid.

Thanks.
 WorriedPaul - Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:54 am

I also wanted to clarify that I do not have any fever or any other symptoms whatsoever. There is also no immediate history of cancer in my family.

|