Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swoolen Lymphs on both sides, What they are?

bitta - Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:27 pm

Hi All,
I am a 44 year old male. About 5 months ago went to see my GP for an uncomforable feeling in my throat and night sweats. He
ordered CT Scan. although there was nothing in my throat but they noticed about 3-4 swoolen lymph nodes in my chest. One of them about 3 CM-all clustered at the same place. I had large lymph nodes in my groin (left and right)
At first i was told that i have a lymphoma. and to make sure what type is it they did a needle biopsy. Result came out negative. Then my doctor ordered a second needle biopsy for lymphoma, TB(i previously had Abdomen TB treated 25 Years ago), Blood tests. All were Negative.
Now i have sevral Lymph Nodes in my body. 2x Groin, 2x Back of my hands, 2x on my arms, and about 3 in my chest. My doctors say that it is nothing serious. But i am still worried becouse i feel very tired, no energy, want to lie down all the time. loosing my eysight, pain in the bones(light).
i just want to know if its not Lymphoma, TB, or any other serious condition then What is it? and what should i do to investigate it further.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:29 pm

Abnormal Lymph node enlargement commonly results from infection / immune response, cancer.

The pattern of these enlarged nodes suggest a systemic disease which will include TB as your past history refers to, and to lymphoma , so both should be investigated properly.

There is a list of routine investigations that are done as initial step for diagnosis. It would be helpful if you can inform us about the results of the blood tests that have been done to you.

I also advise you to discus with your Doctor the possibility of going to biopsy from one of these significant enlarged lymph nodes.
Lymphoma for example is not diagnosed unless biopsy is done and FNAC is not recommendedby many , the same for TB.

Follow up with your doctor is essential. Of significance, an increase in nodal size on serial examinations.

Keep us updated.
 bitta - Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:54 pm

Since my last post i have had one of my Lymph node removed from my left arm (just inside Elbow) by a small operation in hospital. Results came out Negative for Lymphoma, TB or any STD. My specialist think it might be Sarcoidoisis and does not require any treatment. I am worried as i have at least six lymph node that are swoolen and five of them are significant in size (3cm or more) the ones that i can feel are soft, moveable, not painful and just under the skin.
other symptoms i have include, feeling feverish(although my body temprature almost always is 37 Degree C), No energy, Tightness in the middle of chest, blurred vision (i think i am loosing eyesight), short memory loss or loss of concentration. little blisters on my scalp(head), chest and upper back,
I have asked my specialist to give me resuts for my blood test. He assured me that all the tests are normal.
I am worried and want to know that what can i do to be more certain about my condition.

|