Forum Name: Esophageal Cancer

Question: Having a hard time eating

purplerose - Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi, I am a 28 year old female with no known medical problems. I am not on any medication. I am a smoker and have been for 16 years and I am also over weight. This started about a year ago and in the last few monthes has gotton worse. I cant seem to eat meat or bread with out chocking, i have perfected the self hymlik because now it seems that whatever i eat unless in verry small protions i cant seem to get down. Its like it gets stuck not in my troat but at the bottom of the neck. I have stoped eating meat all togeather for fear of chocking to death. I don't have the money to go to the doctor but i was wondering if anyone knew what could cause this. I don't know if this is any way related to the above issue but i am also very tired all the time and seem to be short of breath when i do eat or do anything at all some days i don't even have the energy to get out of bed. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:59 pm

There are many causes of esophageal dysphagia. You can view a list of causes for this condition on our dysphagia page: dysphagia/dysphagia2.htm" class="postlink">click here!.

This is a serious symptom that requires immediate and direct medical attention. This is especially the case when the symptoms are progressive.

Please keep us updated.

|