News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Esophageal Cancer

Question: Having a hard time eating

purplerose - Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:27 pm

Hi, I am a 28 year old female with no known medical problems. I am not on any medication. I am a smoker and have been for 16 years and I am also over weight. This started about a year ago and in the last few monthes has gotton worse. I cant seem to eat meat or bread with out chocking, i have perfected the self hymlik because now it seems that whatever i eat unless in verry small protions i cant seem to get down. Its like it gets stuck not in my troat but at the bottom of the neck. I have stoped eating meat all togeather for fear of chocking to death. I don't have the money to go to the doctor but i was wondering if anyone knew what could cause this. I don't know if this is any way related to the above issue but i am also very tired all the time and seem to be short of breath when i do eat or do anything at all some days i don't even have the energy to get out of bed. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:59 pm

User avatar Hello,

There are many causes of esophageal dysphagia. You can view a list of causes for this condition on our dysphagia page: dysphagia/dysphagia2.htm" class="postlink">click here!.

This is a serious symptom that requires immediate and direct medical attention. This is especially the case when the symptoms are progressive.

Please keep us updated.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here