Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lymphnodes,elevated wbc ,and platelet count

missyh12 - Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:29 pm

I am 33 ,and have had an elevated wbc count off and on for almost two years.In december I had a bone marrow biopsy done.Both my hematologist and the doctor that did the results on the biopsy said as of right now there are no malignancies,and if no underlying cause for elevated wbc count could be found,I could have an early emerging myeloproliferative disorder.I get a cbc done every few months to check for any abnormalities.If my wbc count goes up my doctor wants me to get another biopsy.In April my wbc count was normal at 9.5.In June I went to UVA to get checked out,and they did a cbc.My wbc count was 14.2,and my platelet count,which has never been elevated before was 461.They referred me to a hemetologist at UVA,who I'm seeing July 27.Yesterday I looked in the mirror and noticed that the lymphnode (not painful)under my right ear is huge,the one on the left is swollen ,but not as big.On the right side of my face from my ear down to my jaw is swollen.I feel fine and have no infections that I can tell.I've had many,many test done and they have yet to find any underlying cause for my slightly elevated wbc,and newly elevated platelets.Could the platelets and lymphnode be an indication that the myeloproliferative disorder is fully emerging :?:
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:17 pm

User avatar Hello missy,
What's the differential count of your CBC? Is the increase mainly of the lymphocytes or of the myelocytes. The Differential count is the list of percentages you would see in a CBC report below the Total WBC count. Are there any new lymph nodes since you posted this?

|