News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: PENIS DISCOLORATION

yunggredd53 - Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:56 am

i know you can not diagnos this over the internet but cna u at least tell me the likely hood of having penile cancer?. I have had this white spot on the top shaft of my penis for about 4-6 years. and recently i have had white pacthes of skin pop up on my scrotum (i am 18 years old.n i am circumsized).. which may be because of a pimple i had popped and left a scar cause it seems to be goin away. but yea.the white spot on the penis has been there for a long time. sometimes i can squeeze very little puss out. from what i have decribed can you tell me what this could be? n the likely hood of bein penile cancer? i show no other syptoms besides jus discoloration jus white patches..not brown or anything else..
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:54 pm

User avatar Without direct examination it is not possible to accurately give you a diagnosis, but your description makes me think this is probably not penile skin cancer. Being circumcised also reduces your risks of developing penile skin cancer.

You may have some blocked follicular glands that can produce symptoms such as these or you may have a fungal skin infection.

I would recommend that you be evaluated by your doctor as many of the possibilities have treatments. Also, this way you can clarify the cancer issue much more definitively.

Hope this helps.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here