Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lump on Left Lower Side Stomach

adamllcl - Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:57 pm

I am a 25 year old male landscaper and police officer. I have noticed within the past 4 months a lump, approx. the size of a stretched out long ways nickel on my left lower stomach. After showering, the "lump" apears a little black and blue. I can see veins under my skin in this area as well. Should I be concerned? What could this be? Could it be a hernia? The "Lump" does not hurt in anyway.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:47 pm

User avatar It's possible that what you are seeing is a hernia. It is also possible that you have a hemangioma there (a collection of blood vessels).

I would recommend that you have the area evaluated by your doctor. Hernias in that area generally need to be fixed to prevent intestine from becoming trapped.

Hope this helps.
 adamllcl - Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:48 pm

Dr. Chan Lowe wrote:It's possible that what you are seeing is a hernia. It is also possible that you have a hemangioma there (a collection of blood vessels).

Hope this helps.

Just to give you a follow up, I did see my doctor and he advised it is just a benigh cyst. He did say it could be removed by him in his local office since it is not very deep at all and then sent off for testing. He advised not to worry about it and to come back to see him if it enlarges or starts to hurt.
Thanks for your input.

|