Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Lumps in upper portion of the right testicle

boredcop - Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:52 pm

About a month ago I discovered a small lump to the upper portion of the right testicle, I say 'a lump' but it feels like two that are joined, the one behind fading into the testicle or so it feels.

Naturally I went to my doctor and he took blood tests and a urine sample. Everything seemed ok with the tests apart from raised liver enzymes.

I was then put on a broad spectrum antibiotic (cant remember name) and this was followed by Norfloxacin after a visit to the specialist. He seemed to think this was a better product than any broad spectrum Antibiotic, however, he ruled out any STD (Impossible anyway).

I had a scan revealing a lump, however not being awe inspired by the unqualified 'stand in' scan operator I was a little concerned.

I'm now down for surgery to remove the lumps as I've started to feel a weird sensation thats like a pulling on my scrotum, it comes and goes. I've also started to feel nausea, especially after waking in the morning. I'm feeling short tempered too if that helps and a litttle out of sorts ie spacey feeling head wise.

I'm 37 years old and was wondering if this sounds different to a benign cyst that I have read about? Thanks for any help or advice
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:35 pm

User avatar Testicular lumps may be a benign cyst; however, they may also be due to testicular cancer.

It sounds as if you are having all the right things done. I completely agree with removal of the lump. This way lump is gone and it can be examined to see if there is any indication of cancer.

Best wishes. I hope all turns out well for you.

|