Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: IBC

lovingit - Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:11 am

A year ago I had some pain on near my right breastbone. I had a mammo. Nothing found, pain continued and slow went away. Over the last six months the pain has spread throughout the entire right breast and under my arm. I've never been one to get rashes or pimples, but I've noticed lately that I have a pimple rash above and below my center chest. A small pimple like area popped up sometime last night on my right underarm.
I get another mammo in a few weeks. Why I have to wait this long is beyond me. Anyway,I've been having a lot of under the arm problems. This morning when I put on my shirt, it hurt, and there is like a tiny-pimple, if that's what you can call it. But to even look at it, it hurts... that is how sensitive it is to the touch. My underarm had been hurting when I lay on my stomach with my arm above my head. Now, it's stiff and tight when I lay that way. In addition, up until last night my right breast only was having problems. Now my left one has little pea sized bumps inside. I found this because out of the blue it started to hurt a little bit. Now, since I keep reading that BC isn't painful, I'm wondering if I should just start out having my DR. check for IBC? And if so, how do i go about this without the Dr. Thinking I'm nuts? I mean this is my life I'm talking about. 15 years ago, I had cervical cancer, I suspected as much just before they FINALLY found it. But before hand, I had seen so many Dr. none of which found anything wrong with me. One Dr. even went as far as to ask me if had ever seen a shrink. Mind you, everyday at 4p.m. I began to run a fever. Anyway, I have a very bad feeling about this as well. I also know that if it's IBC it is a very aggressive cancer. I've been on HRT for 15 years as well. I don't want to waist time getting to the point with my Dr. Any advice, and or thoughts on my problem?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:51 pm

User avatar I won't be able to be of too much help to you. Perhaps some of my oncological colleagues may also have some advice for you.

Your symptoms would be concerning to me. There may be a few possible things going on. First, you raise the possibility of IBC. This is a possibility. Your description of the progression of your symptoms make me concerned about a cancer of some type. My knowledge in this area really is too limited to give you any more specifics about it. I would recommend you see your doctor and consider having some testing soon. You may wish to discuss your symptoms with an oncologist also.

My other thought is that you may have a mastitis-an infection in the breast. This needs antibiotics to clear up. Your doctor can examine you for this as well.

A good place to start is to see your gynecologist for a breast exam.

Best wishes. I hope this helps a little.
 lovingit - Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:41 am

I am greatful for your response. If you have one of the Onocologist read this that would be nice as well. I know you guys are busy. I will keep you posted after my mammo and all. Even if the news is less then great. I hope it's an infection, boy wouldn't that make me stand up and dance? Have a great day and again, thanks.

LaDonna

|