Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Please help me... cancer?

sparkle1000 - Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:52 am

Dear Doctor
I am really concerned about my mother's health. She is 51 years old and had hypothyroid and is on levothyroxine,
She has had a lump/sore on the right side of her head which is sligthly hard about 5 cm in diameter for a few years now and on havin it scanned, the doctor said it was fluid. In recent weeks the sore has moved over to the left seems a little softer. She is in immense pain with sharp headaches particullary on the right side. Her face appears to be 'loosing weight' and i believe she has lost weight which is not related to her diet. She seems to be tired all day and finds everyday activities hard and tiring.. to the point where in the last few days she has been sleeping almost all day and night. The pain is more intense during the night and the whole of her right side seems to hurt. She has watery stools (althought only goes to the toilet once a day usually)...I feel this may be cancer....we have requested for a Scan again but there is long waiting lists. Wondering what you think and how serious you think this is.. please help me
Thank you very very much
 sparkle1000 - Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:58 am

she also has ear ache on the right side of her body and can barely do any physical activity yet her weight has decrease a little in the last week

|