Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: recurring sore neck glands

jmac - Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:16 pm

I am male, 45 years of age, have never had a diagnosis of my current health concern. Have had surgeries for knee and shoulder injuries.
Father ( 66 years of age )is currently in the last 3 to 6 months of his life, as he has inoperable esophagus cancer, which was only diagnosed after a heart attack and subsequent triple bypass surgery. He is also a type 2? (insulin injections 2 times a day), as well as having Angina.
I am a Methodone patient( 85 mg daily )
My concern is recurring sore glands. In the past 2 months, I have had bouts with sore \ tender glands. It started on the right side of my neck, right below my jawline, lasted 3 to 4 days, then started to feel much better. Within 3 weeks, it started on my left side, in the same area, now about 4 weeks later, it has returned to my right side, however it is much sorer this time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06 pm

User avatar The lymph nodes in the area you describe commonly will become inflamed during viral infections. You may or may not actually have cold symptoms at the time.

It is also possible for these nodes to get a bacterial infection in them. If the swelling persists or if you notice any redness of the skin above the nodes you should be evaluated by your doctor.

|