Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: Abnormal Bleeding, Pap not readable, miscarriage

jennmeeker - Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:58 am

I am 35 and in the middle of a miscarriage. I started bleeding between periods about a year ago. My PCP did a pap last year and there was too much blood in the sample to read it and put me on birth control. I went to an GYN in September and he did a uterine biopsy in October. It came out negitive. I continued to bleed between cycles. I became pg in January. When I went in to the OB office (different doc as mine was on vac) to verifiy m/c last week he stated the one side of my cervix was red. Could this be an indication of possible cervical cancer?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:02 pm

User avatar It's a little difficult to say for sure whether or not this redness may represent cancer. It may also be an area of irritation or changes related to the fluctuating hormones from pregnancy/miscarraige.

You should have a pap smear to look for any abnormal cells that may be an indication of cancerous changes. Follow-up with your gynecologist will be important.

|