Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: White thing sticking out of the inside of my cheek

sweetmomuf2 - Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:02 am

Okay I had a swollen lymph node. It has went away for the most part with zithromax. Well I have this thing that is white sticking out of the inside of my cheek it is very thin. If I push on the outside of my cheek It comes out a little on the inside.... A lady at my work said it could be a jawbone splinter. But like I said it is really thin and feels like fishing line when I touch it with my tounge. If I leave it alone, it goes back inside of my cheek. I dunno what is it, but I tried to pull it out, and when I got some of it with the tweezers it was mushy and it smelled really bad. Odd how that worked because like I said it is prickly and fells like fishing line with the touch of my tounge. And suggestion, I went to the doctor but they did not seem to care, neither did the e.r. If it is not a big concern how come I can not find any info on this?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:04 pm

User avatar Given your recent illness you may have a small papule (lump) from a virus. These very commonly can affect the mouth and throat.

I would recommend just keeping an eye on it for several days. If it has not improved in a week or if it becomes painful or swollen you should have it checked out again by your doctor.

|