News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Very common location for hard nodes

thekid528 - Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:23 pm

Doc i came to this site initially because of a hard lymph node above my hairline near my ear. I am just curious as i scroll through tons of posts how common is this. It seems like there are alot of people on this board that have these hard nodes near the back of their heads. As you are aware my doc said that mine were scarred and some days would feel slightly bigger and other days would feel smaller. He also told me to move on and realize that the node will always be there and to stop feeling it everyday.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:19 pm

User avatar You are correct that this is a very common condition. It is probably the most common reason people present with concerns for lymphoma. I can't give any specific numbers regarding its incidence.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here