Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Bunch of Enlargened Lymph Nodes, headaches at times.

klbjerke - Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:01 pm

I am a 19 year old male, recently had a cyst removed from the right side of my neck that I had for a year. I don't think my problem is related to this.

For the past month I have had a hard, immobile lump on the back of my neck on the right side just at the hair line. It is about 1/2 inch in size. Just recently I felt 3 smaller lumps in a linear pattern about 1/2 inch apart and 1/2 inch below this lump. Also, I have what feels like a pea (assuming its a lymph node) on the front of my neck on the right side about an inch away from my adams apple and up a little bit that i can move around. Also, for the past year I have had an enlargened lymph node about an inch diagonally down on the left side of my neck just under my jaw that is immobile, and about half the size of a pea.

My symptoms: When I bend over to pick something up or tie my shoes, I get a headache. When I stare at my computer, or leave my head turned to watch the tv, or stare at the chalkboard in class my neck gets a little stiff on the right, back side where I have that larger, immobile swollen lymph node. My jaw makes a cracking sound, not painful whatsoever, when I open my mouth.

Also, every now and then when I swallow my saliva, it feels stragne. Not painful like when I have a sore throat, but it grinds near my adams apple sometimes.

I take creatine, glutamine, and R-Alpha Lipoic Acid for when I work out.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:54 pm

User avatar It sounds as if you may have an infection. Given your symptoms, a viral infection is most likely-such as mononucleosis.

I woud suggest you see a doctor to have your lymph nodes and other symptoms evaluated. There are a few other possibilities that may need antibiotics to clear up.

|