News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump Behind Right Ear

JDL687 - Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:37 pm

Hello,

When I was 12 i had a lymph node infection and developed a large lump behind my right ear. This lump never hurts and is only tender when i touch it alot. I am now 19 years old and have only seen growth as my head itself has grown with my age. The majority of the lump is hard, almost feeling like bone or hard muscle. However i have always had this little circular part at the top of the lump that i am able to move around back and forth. My doctor has never seen it as an issue so I have not worried about it at all. However, I am a bit of a hypercondriac so i worry from time to time. Is this somthing that could be dangerous to me now or somewhere down the line.

Oh also it feels as if the muscle attached to it on my neck is thicker on the side of the lump toward the top.

Thank You.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:30 pm

User avatar Given your previous infection, it is likely that you have some scarring in the lymph node causing it to feel hard and remain larger. The best thing to do is to just keep a mental note of it and watch for any changes. If it begins to enlarge or becomes immobile you should have it evaluated again.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here