Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen and painful lymph node in the underarm

andy0286 - Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:19 pm

I am a very active 20 year old female. I was just heading into work 4 days ago when I was hit with this pain in my chest. I thought maybe it could be heartburn since I had eaten just a couple of hours prior. The pain worsened and it became painful to swallow food and became tender to the touch around my sternum. The pain is no longer there but it still hurts to swallow food. Just this evening I noticed that the lymph node in my underarm on the left side was inflammed and painful to the touch. I am concerned that there may be something more serious going on here, as I have never had any health issues or problems in the past. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
I just wanted to know if there was cause for concern and whether or not I should contact my health care provider.

Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:36 pm

User avatar Your initial symptoms are very consistent with an episode of severe reflux. It is difficult to tie this to the lymph node swelling. Perhaps you have a virus that has inflamed your stomach and esophagus lining as well as is causing your lymph nodes to swell.

If you do not see improvement in the next 1-2 days I would recommend that you see your doctor for an evaluation.

|