Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Epididymitis? Lump on Testicle

worriedguy - Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:42 am

I am a 20 year old male. About 9 weeks ago (February 16th) I visited a doctor, having a mildly painful, swollen right testicle, with a round lump(connected to the testicle) on it. It was diagnosed as Epididymitis and the doctor put me on Banocide for a week. 2 weeks later as the lump was still around (though not swollen or painful), I went back, and was put on the same treatment for 6 weeks.

Lately I have 2 lumps on my right testicle, and it's paining again( entire right groin area). Yesterday, I went to another doctor, who didn't examine me, but put me on banocide, a pain killer, Ranitin( Ranitidine hydrochloride) and FIXX LB (Cexifime?) . Both doctors laughed away the possibility of cancer when I mentioned it, but I'm not convinced. How long does Epididymitis treatment usually take?

I am currently in college in a small town(more like village) in India with very limited medical facilities, and my next visit home (a large city with hospitals etc. ) is months away. Considering that 2 doctors have discounted cancer as a possible diagnosis, can this wait?

Thank You for your help!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:15 pm

User avatar The epididymus is found sitting directly on top of the testis. When it becomes infected it produces pain.

If you are feeling the epidydimus I am not suprised that the lump has not gone away as it shouldn't. However, the pain should resolve.

If the pain has returned you may have a recurrent infection that would require treatment with antibiotics.

I would also suggest that you have a culture performed to look for an antibiotic resistant bug that may explain the return of your symptoms.

Typically (though not 100% of the time) cancerous lumps are quite hard and non-painful.

|