Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: lump on right side of neck

deeken - Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:00 pm

I have a lump on the right side of my neck
it is a little painful every once in awhile it kind of shooting pain.
I went to doctor she said it was a lymph node, she gave me antibiotics for 3 days , and told me to go home.
I am worried about this,
I also have blood in urine , not visible to my eye only to the lab.
I also have discomfort in my left breast area not all the time only once in awhile. I was told that was costochondritis
I am not sure what to do here
I had pneumonia back in January , i was in bed for the whole month ,
I am a 47 year old female, living upstate New York , and I have no one to speak to bout this issue, I also have been suffering with cfs, and ibs'
any suggestions I will truly appreciate
Deeken
 lmbd - Sat May 19, 2007 3:26 pm

Just wondering where the lump is and how big it is. I have one on the right side that has been there for 4 months at least and they say its nothing, antibiotics did not make it go away. Infections can definitly cause these and they say that sometimes they take months to go away, and may never return to normal size. Normal is considered up to 1 cm. mine is just slightly over. It should be soft( not hard) moveable, tender(most of the time but not always) not a matted group of lymph nodes( a smooth surface) and not growing. If it fits in this category your probobly ok but check back with your doctor if it continues to worry you.

|