News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: ct scan enlarged spleen with large nodules

babydog - Sat May 05, 2007 1:53 pm

My husband just had a ct scan which showed enlarged spleen and large nodules, it also showed a fatty liver. He also has pain on the upper left side and has lost 20 lbs. Paliptation of his lymph nodes did not indicate anything abnormal. His last ct scan, 4 months ago was normal. What could all this mean?
We are currently waiting for an appointment with an Onocologist,
but are regular Dr. says don't worry it could be nothing. What are the odds and what would it most likely be.

Thanks
 babydog - Sat May 05, 2007 2:30 pm

I forgot to add, my husband is 54, has multi focal motor neuropathy, arthritis, depression, he takes lexapro, nexium, tyelonol arthritis and occasional medication for gout
 babydog - Tue May 22, 2007 5:28 pm

For anyone who is interested.

My husband went to the Onocologist and had bone marrow taken as well as more bloodwork , an ultra sound of his spleen and a ct of his chest to search for tumors there. I am happy to announce that so far, with the exception of the ultra sound of his spleen the rest of his tests were all normal.

His ultra sound showed 6 solid nodules on the spleen.

The next step is to see if an interventional radiologist can biopsy a lymph node behind his pancreas which is at 1 1/2 centimeters.

If not or maybe anyway they will take his spleen to get to the bottom of this. Needless to say, we keep praying for good results.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here